Thursday, July 30, 2009

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler


Anna, Frank, and Matt are best friends. That share and do everything together except everything changes on Anna's birthday when Matt kisses Anna. They carry on their secret relationship with Matt promising her he'll tell his sister while they're on vacation but he never gets the chance. A year later and on a vacation in Cali Frankie declares a twenty boy contest by the end of the summer. Will everything change? Will Anna finally tell her and Matt's secret or will her memories of Matt be erased forever?
A heart breaking novel of death, friendship, and secrets. I loved this book. I pretty much cried throughout the entire thing. If you've ever read Before I Die by Jenny Downham it's like that. It kind of killed me throughout the book how since no one knew about her and Matt she wasn't viewed as being able to grieve like all the rest of his family and I really wanted to punch out miss prissy pants at times. If you like books were you cry no let me rephrase body shaking sobs than you'll love this book. I give this book a 3.8 out of 5 stars.

No comments: